Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Confess, I Cheated

Ok folks, I have to admit I cheated.  That's really hard to say, because I am confessing to the world.  However, I am doing my best to make this real, and the reality is, I'm human too.  So here is my confession. 

I ate 6, yes 6 rice crispy treats on Halloween.  They are 90 calories a piece, so that is 540 calories.  The rice crispy part is not the biggest problem, its the sugar.  The next day I felt bloated, and I gained 1 1/2 pounds back.....just from 540 calories.  Since it takes 3500 calories to gain a pound, clearly is was not possible to gain the weight from eating the 6 treats.  But it is an effect of the sugar and carbs in my system.  

But the weight gain is not the problem here.  It is the psychological effect on me that could be the most damaging. 

First, I felt like a failure.  Although I have gone for 28 days without cheating, this one instance, this measly 540 calories gave me a setback mentally. 

In the past, I would have beat up on myself.  I would have made myself feel unworthy.  I would have made myself believe that I couldn't really do this.  And then I would have continued on the path of sabotaging my efforts.

Have you ever eaten a carton of ice cream in two days?  Have you ever eaten a whole box of cereal in one sitting?  How about a box of chocolates, or a dozen christmas cookies?  Yes, done it all.  And then felt really crappy about myself afterward.

There is no need for that.  I can accept that I ate 6 rice crispy treats without feeling the guilt.  So I slipped up, I'm human.  Today is a new day, and I don't have to continue that behavior.  I will get back on the Skogg System Nutrition Plan today, and continue on my path to a strong, lean, healthy body.

So if you found yourself over indulging during the weekend, don't despair.  That day is gone, and a new day is here.

You, only stronger!

Have a Happy Day,

Sue 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your yummy blog entry. I say yummy because I can taste those treats, and I wouldn't have been able to stop eating them either. Let's not sabotage this great progress, especially your's! You can and will do this - and maintain the SKOGG System Nutrition - I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete