Thursday, November 11, 2010

Progress Has Stopped!

Good morning folks!  I missed you all....

There is one thing I have learned over the years.  If a friend "disappears", it usually means that they are struggling with something.  When a friend goes into seclusion, its time to find them and let them know they have a friend...a friend who is not judging.

I know that's what happens to me.  I go into seclusion when I am having difficulty.  So where is this leading?  You have not heard from me for the past week because I have been having difficulty.  Not so much with the nutrition plan, although there are days it is difficult, but with results...particularly on the scale.

All the bravado I talked about, that the scale doesn't matter, is very sound advice.  As long as you continue to see results in other ways, you are making progress.  As long as your body is changing, you are making progress.  That is all very true!  Stay the course, drink your water, do your workouts and your overall health will improve.  The bonus to all that is the aesthetics, you will look great too!

However, our bodies may reach plateaus.  That's where I am right now.  My weight has starting an upward climb.  I have gained three pounds, and yes, I have gone back over my 150 pound milestone, bummer.   It has put me in kind of a funk.  What the heck!  I'm doing everything right, or am I.

Its time to take a look at my diet and behavior over the past couple of weeks:

   1.  I have not been diligent with my water.  Remember, water consumption will increase your metabolism up to 10%.

    2.  My meals are not as well planned.  I think I have been following the nutrition plan, but I have not put as much time into planning my meals, which leads to eating what is available.  Plan out your day, and pack your lunch.  It will prevent "cheating".

    3.  I have been going to bed full.  Along with not planning my meals, I have been eating my dinner way too late.  Always eat your dinner before 7 PM.  If you are hungry in the evening, have a small serving of protein.

    4.  My calorie count may be within the acceptable range, but my evening meal is the largest percentage of calories.  

Our bodies can get used to a lower calorie count, and can slow our metabolism.  I am going to change things up a bit.  Instead of three meals and two snacks, I am going to distribute my food evenly throughout the day. 

Here is my plan:  Eating small "meals" every hour.  The calorie count for my nutrition plan, which is a weight loss plan, is approximately 1200-1400 calories.  I am going to eat 100-120 calories per hour for 12 hours.  This will supply my body with fuel every hour, and bring my metabolism back up.

If any of you have reach a plateau, give this a try.  Be sure to plan your mini meals, and to pack your lunch.  Be sure you eat enough....you can not skip any mini meals.  Be sure to hit your prescribed calorie count.  Eating less doesn't equate to losing more....it simply slows your metabolism.  In essence, we will be "grazing" all day long to keep our metabolism burning.

So today is my first day.....let me know if you would like some ideas for 100 calorie snacks that follow the Skogg System Nutrition Plan, and I will post some for you.

Have a great day!!

You, only stronger!

Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment