Tuesday, October 19, 2010

But I Didn't Lose a Pound!

Hey folks, yesterday I talked about the fear, yet obsession of the scale.  I totally get it!  There have been days that I weigh myself in the morning, of course naked, before a drink of water, and hopefully after a BM.  Then again after my 2:00 workout....because maybe I weigh less after sweating for an hour.  Then again before bed, to calculate what I will weigh when I get up in the morning.  What's up with that??

We had our weigh-in for the 60 Day Challenge last night.  There was disappointment at the scale by folks who didn't lose as much weight as they hoped.  But then during discussion, the truth began to emerge.  Every single person on my team, whether they lost pounds or not, had a change in their body. This was after only two weeks on the Challenge.  One member didn't lose weight.  At first she was disappointed, but then she told me how she was looking for something to wear over the weekend, and for the heck of it tried on a pair of jeans hanging in her closet.   She had not been able to wear them for two years, couldn't zip them up.  But even though she didn't lose a pound, she was able to get them on, zip them up, and wear them this past weekend.  Congrats Karen!!!

Personally, I stayed the same weight as last week.  Of course I was disappointed.  I am a Team Leader,  and need to set a good example.  But at the end of the night, Michael lifted my spirits.  He told me he was looking at my butt as I leaned out the window to talk to a member on the street earlier that day, and was impressed with how much progress I made..that he could see my hamstrings.  :-) I left the meeting elated, ready to face the next 46 days.

The moral of the story is......
Don't be a slave to the scale.  Muscle weighs more than fat.   If you have changed your diet, and are eating clean. If you are watching your portion size.  If you are getting your 4 days of exercise in per week.  If you are drinking your water.  YOU WILL GET LEANER!  And leaner means a stronger, healthier, more compact, you.

You, Only Stronger!

Stay the course,

Sue



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment