Monday, October 25, 2010

Somewhere Over the Rainbow!

Today was a totally awesome, spectacular, inspiring day! 

Nothing extra special happened, in fact it started out kind of crappy.   I got up at 4:10 for work, which is really not special.  The wind was blowing hard, and rain was coming down in buckets when I got to the gym.   Taught the 6-7-8-9- and 10:30 classes (which are always enjoyable), and finally around 12:30, I went home for a nap. 

As I headed back to the gym around 3:00, the sun broke out of the clouds behind me, while it was raining in front of me.  You guessed it....a HUGE rainbow came out directly in front of me.  I mean HUGE.  The bands of color were so vivid, well there are no words to describe it.  But that wasn't all.  The spray from all the vehicles in front of me turned into rainbows all over the highway.  There were splashes of red, orange, yellow, indigo and violet surrounding me.....it was magical and beautiful.

This ordinary, gray, dull, dreary, Portland day became a totally awesome, spectacular day.   So while I try not to be too philisophical in my writing, I can't help myself today.  When things just aren't going your way, remember that behind every rain cloud there is a rainbow!

Have a totally awesome, spectacular, inspiring day!

Until tomorrow,

 Sue

1 comment: