Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh-My!

Today I spent the morning preparing for Halloween.  It is one of my favorite "holidays".  I am in the process of finishing our costumes for the Halloween Hunt in the Pearl.  Spinach Gym is participating, and Michael and I, along with Erin and Aaron, will be dressed and ready to go with an obstacle course for the little goblins and ghouls to enjoy.  So if you are in the neighborhood, stop by with your kids....if no kids, stop by anyway.

Part of the fun is carving the pumpkins.  Yes, I still carve pumpkins every year, even though my kids are grown and gone.



 One of the traditions I had with my kids was making toasted pumpkin seeds after we got done carving pumpkins.  They are great, and will work with the Spinach Nutrition Plan. 

Toasted Pumpkin Seeds

Remove seeds from pumpkin with a spoon.  Separate the seeds from the pulp....best way is to use your hands.  Try to get them as clean as you can, but its ok if a little pumpkin is remaining.
Spread the pumpkin seeds on a cookie sheet and sprinkle peanut oil over them...Just enough to coat all the seeds.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until they turn golden brown.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle with sea salt.  
They are great warm.  

Hope you enjoy the pumpkin seeds!  Have a great weekend!

Until tomorrow,

Sue
   


No comments:

Post a Comment