Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Milestones and Rewards

Good Morning Portland and beyond.  Today I hit a milestone.  It has been years since I was under 150 pounds, and yesterday, :) big smile, I am there.  I have been hovering over 150 for the past five months, and have not been able to get under....that is until now. 

Hitting a Milestone deserves a reward, don't you think?

In the past, my reward would be a piece of cake, or pizza and beer, or dinner out, with a couple glasses of wine.  Of course you can guess what happens next.  Tomorrow, the scale will inch back over 150 and with that comes a feeling of defeat.  Of course I will have to comfort myself....and why do you think comfort food was invented, just for these moments.

But not today!!!

The cycle of dieting and sabotage are over.  I have lost many hundreds of pounds in my lifetime, only to find them again.  This time they are gone for good.  For once, my New Year's Resolution will not be weight loss.  For once, I am going to be good to myself and stop this cycle. 

So for today, my reward is going to be a pedicure.  For you ladies out there, a manicure or pedicure is a great reward, or a new haircut to show off your leaner face, a pretty scarf, or a new pair of jeans.  Guys, a pedicure is great if you have never gotten one, or how about a new putter, or a massage, or a ticket to a sporting event.

Reward yourself when you hit a milestone, congratulations are in order.  Let's just keep those rewards calorie free. 

The result will be......You, only stronger!

Until tomorrow,

Sue

2 comments:

  1. I'm over the moon for you! It is a huge milestone... and you give me strength to know that I too can get there! What an example.

    ReplyDelete